Saturday, July 23, 2011

It's all going downhill..

Well I read this thought recently by some budding author and it immediately got on my nerves. I began to think, is it just a random thought of the protagonist of the novel who is portrayed as a frustrated soul on his way of finding some meaning to his life or is it the ultimate truth of our lives. I looked at my life. I used to be so happy and above all the worries of life in my childhood and in my school days and after that the most exciting period of my life was my college life. The friends, the ultimate fun I had with them,the liberated atmosphere of the college campus are the things I will cherish all my life. These are the things that I will remember all through my life and smile when I look back. But the question is, why will I have to remember all these things explicitly to make myself smile.. Will all this be over? Is the road really going downhill..I thought. Now while I watch my friends being busy one by one in their own lives I think..is it getting over and will I be forced to enter an entirely new world.. A new world where there wont be anything called fun or maybe my definition of fun will be something different. I was scared at the thought of the downhill going road. I was unable to comprehend to which abyss it is going to lead me to.
But then I sat for a while and thought again. I thought why am I whining over the thought of what is going to happen with my life and where the road of life is leading me to. If the road is really going downhill then I will compel myself to enjoy each and every moment of the journey and make the most of every second. If I am so sure that these moments are not going to come again then I will cherish them and enjoy them to the fullest. And now with the re-doubled enthusiasm. I am not going to get depressed by your thought you budding writer. In fact you have made my day by just mentioning it. Now here I am, cherishing each and every moment with my little life and the small world I have and now I value what I have today more than ever before. I am loving this ever transitioning world more and more because I don't know what will it look like tomorrow. With just the random depressing thought by the writer, I found a reason to value all the good moments of life. Well sounds little ironical, but who cares.

1 comment: